Wednesday, August 08, 2007

More parkland news from my hometown ... also, it's worth noting that digging has already begun for improvements to the less polished of West Norriton's two Burnside Avenue baseball diamonds ... and, finally, an interesting firsthand piece on Philadelphia's cheesesteak wars.

(Note: As a suburbanite, I am slightly agnostic when it comes to cheesesteak allegiances. I would have wanted to like Jim's on South Street because that was my old 'hood downtown, but I just can't get behind wiz. I plead mercy on the Pat's vs. Gino's controversy -- they're both delicious. As for Tony Luke's, well, I will admit they make the best pork sandwich I've ever tasted; however, I do not buy their rights to represent cheesesteaks to the world. I like my hoagies from Lou's, my cheesesteaks from Pudge's II or Del's and my pizza from Charlie's. And I gotta go to Rick's before they're drummed out of town, I suppose.)

No comments: