Tuesday, November 03, 2009

What Time Is It??

It's election time -- Election Day, to be exact. We're been in the seasion for a while, but this is when we need you to turn out and vote.

I ask for your support for Pennsylvania's entire GOP judicial slate -- candidates remarkable for both their excellence and their diversity -- and I ask you to turn out in support of terrific Republican candidates for local office if you happen to live in my tiny burg of West Norriton. We've got a tremendously hard-working team here.

In response to recent ads I've seen calling for "balance," I'd ask that you consider the way our federal government is structured with three separate branches. While I appreciate the right of each party to make the case for its candidate, nowhere is it written that the bench must swing politically with each election. In many cases, such as this, it can be beneficial to have that balance be ensured by retaining existing judges and considering other candidates according to one's voting criteria. As a Republican I am happy to support a Republican slate, but I would be impressed with our ticket even if I were not.

Whatever your political stripe, I ask you to read up (cramming may be necessary), ask questions and -- as always -- vote once and vote well.

No comments: