Saturday, November 06, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like ...

... someone who buys for me asked me to post a list online.
Can you imagine?

It's going to be close to a homemade Christmas here for me, but I was surprised and, yes, pleased to get two lists and some good hints already. Please, people, keep the good ideas coming. I'm a little embarrassed to put this up publicly, but but it's great to know I've got significant annual readership;) Until we have a Bateman intranet, I'll just be bold enough ask my colleagues and male friends not to get me anything inappropriate -- or anything large -- and please forgive the oversharing.

THINGS I NEED VERY MUCH

toothpaste -- (crest & colgate are both good: the one Jackie gave me last year is wonderful); shampoo -- any kind of decent to very good moisturizing or clarifying ones; citrashine's good, too; crabtree & evelyn soap -- there's a store at the court + good hallmark stores often carry it; rose water; any decent lavender products; tom's of maine deoderant

aspercreme
heartguard for grace goo: prescription's on file with Steinbach Vet in Blue Bell

as many canned green veggies and legumes as you care to give!; dried fruit of all types, fresh fruit, fresh (or even frozen) berries, too; room-temp containers of rice, almond and soy milk -- vitamin & calcium enriched if they have it; (I don't know if there's such a thing as UHT Lactaid milk, but that would be good, too.)

b&n gift cards; wawa ones are great, too

---

THINGS I DON'T NEED QUITE AS MUCH

a winter skirt -- conservative colors: appropriate for work, school, church & going out; comfortable, neat, sturdy walking shorts -- appropriate for school; turtle necks of any description (good ones can be found at landsend.com, but stay away from bright colors, please); cotton skivvies in beige; cotton and flannel nightgowns

---

SMALL LUXURIES THAT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL

a coupon wallet

music: printed scores + music on cd or mp3 -- see amazon for ideas, or just get something you like & think I might, too
duplexer for hp deskjet 6988 printer
****sperry topsiders -- plain, no light colors -- just brown is best, size 7 (style #9294190 -- $70 -- available online: you might be able to find them in a store around here, too.)****

beads: glass, wooden, crystal, clay or china -- maybe semiprecious if you get a wonderful deal on 'em (say, under $5 or $10 for a strand); sterling lobster clasps (should be no more than $6 or $7)

THREE THINGS THAT DON'T COST A CENT

Coke(tm) rewards codes, from soda pop bottle tops and cartons; Boxtops for Education coupons, unless you're already giving them to a school you love; your continued friendship, love, loyalty, devotion and understanding

---

I have less than no idea what Mom wants, but I know she wouldn't turn down a ginormo container of Cremora(R) or six!

No comments: