Wednesday, September 10, 2003

The Yankees just spanked the Detroit Tigers, and I was in the stadium for a significant portion of the game -- in the bleachers. If you've never sat in the bleachers, it's the way to go. As a child, I sat right behind home plate at Phillies' games (as they were leading up to their World Series win). Have no doubt, I got a thrill out of it, and wouldn't turn down those tickets again. But I wasn't allowed to be in the least way rowdy. And I was a rowdy child, particularly when it came to baseball. In the bleachers, you don't have to hold back. And if you're not ready to let go, you can take in the vicarious thrill of the atmosphere. Also, this weekend I had the pleasure of seeing a gathering of search and rescue folks -- brought together because of the dogs they work with -- at a ceremony and gathering down at the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum. Weird, cool breed of people, and very special dogs. Time to hit the hay. Gotta work to pay the bills tomorrow.

No comments: