Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Seven days off from work. As usual, I visited the homestead in Pennsylvania and the sweetest man in New Jersey (who is running for public office, I do believe). I shopped until I dropped, and actually kinda enjoyed it. I discovered a cool new beach at Sandy Hook and sat solo in a [gasp!] bikini, reading and watching some glorious sunsets. I cooked -- oh, how I cooked! I enjoyed the company of old friends in PA, and had some fun dinners out in both states. Sadly, I also attended the funeral of my marvelous old friend, Bert. He will be missed by many. He outlived a woman who has always sounded like his ideal wife and a dear, dear woman whom he lucky enough to meet after her death. His longtime girlfriend was a remarkable woman, a dedicated journalist and a friend of mine, too. I should be so lucky as to live as good, stimulating and full a life as either of them. Remarkably, I was sort of happy to head back to work. Is it possible that I really like my job? One thing's for sure: As much as I was ready to return to the office, I did not want to leave Atlantic Highlands.

No comments: