Sunday, September 18, 2005

I've never blogged about someone while sitting next to them. Until now.

The allegedly superlative man is a declared candidate for local public office, and he has told me privately that he wants to win.

Of course he does. I always feel that one should never enter a lottery like the ballot box unless they'd welcome the winning result. He has begun some, apparently smart and consistent, knocking on doors. He has gone to exactly one fund-raiser for a local nonprofit group that achieves public service. More will no doubt follow. I hope they're all at least as enjoyable as the one at Memphis Pigout.

Speaking of which, he and his running mate will be having a party to celebrate the launching of their campaign -- at the Ocean Club on the Atlantic Highlands Harbor, on October 2.

---

On another topic: I hope to at least eke out at some point the post I briefly discussed with to you. You know, the one about how one of my main hopes these days is to become less cynical and no less wise?

No comments: