Monday, September 11, 2006

I've got to say, I already feel guilty for not tuning in to memorial names recitation at the World Trade Center. Hope you don't fall into that trap.

I am remembering. I have not forgotten. I am hoping history will not distort that awful day, while I, of course, hope time will heal all our losses and wounds.

My relatives heard from me today, as did that good man I mention here from time to time. I am trying to respect this day by living fully and respectfully, and by supporting this great country, its democratic processes and its elected leaders. I pray for all those who have lost someone or had their lives changed as a result of America's struggle against terrorism -- in short, for all of us.

I am trying to particularly remember those who are in harm's way, and those who try to keep harm from visiting our towns, cities, 'burbs and coutryside.

If you're up to some reading, please check out Rich Galen's reposting of his September 11, 2002 column and the New York Post Opinion pages' fine coverage of the anniversary.

No comments: