Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Women Drivers

OK, I'll admit I linked to a story back in May about Danica Patrick getting a little hot around the collar at the Indianapolis 500 this year. This weekend Patrick was caught on camera trying to force a face off with Milka Duno. Both drivers just happen to be women. I'm starting to wonder why it doesn't make the news when the guys get out from behind the wheel and get in each others' faces.

As interesting as it is to see a photogenic character like Patrick vent, I'm getting close to the point where I'm going to start whining for her to be treated more like a driver and less like an oddity. I would hate to see Patrick suffer the same fate as auto legend Janet Guthrie, who apparently felt burnt by her time on the circuit. If we believe what we read, Guthrie will not even watch racing anymore.

I also hope Patrick's not trying to get in Duno's way. It's a competitive sport, but there should be room for more than one chick on the oval.

No comments: