Monday, June 20, 2011

The Good and the Bad of It, So Far

Ok, so the Verizon tech did show up last Monday, did spend two hours here and did leave the household with working Internet service (if not Internet service that's fast enough to do my schoolwork, which requires watching music videos and listening to music clips on the Web). It has stayed up since.

One tiny issue, though. The very next day, the dial tone service, local calling and voicemail -- also provided by Verizon -- experienced a complete service interruption, and Mom (the account holder) refused to call to report it. She had to go to Beth's, and said she didn't care if it was out, although I expect from her grumpiness on the issue that she cared very much and was rather upset by the whole thing.

Long story slightly shorter: She said Sunday night when we were both back home again that she planned to call Monday (today, the 20th). This morning she asked me to sit and talk to her about it. It was not the most pleasant or the easiest conversation I've ever had, but it was not the worst. I sat with her while she dialed. She asked if I could be here Tuesday the 21st to meet the Verizon tech. I said I could.

Today I'll wait again, and we'll see what they can do.

Oh, and they're still trying to sell her on Fios. Brilliant.

No comments: