Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Walks Away

Thompson has made the decision to drop out of the GOP race, according to a Fox News report that sources two of his staffers. No word yet on where he'll throw his support. Pundits wiser than I blame a late candidacy announcement and what they say was a campaign organization that failed, until recently, to "gel."

The New York Post, NY1 and the New York Sun are also reporting that former U.S. Senator Alfonse D'Amato will move his support from the Thompson camp to McCain's, leaving Giuliani out in the cold.

On another note, I am taking time to process the impressions I got of Obama, Clinton and Edwards in this weekend's Congressional Black Caucus debate. If I have anything useful to say -- positive or negative -- I'll add it in a later post.

No comments: