Monday, January 21, 2008

A Giant Win

I'll happily admit that I was rooting for the Giants last night. You may have surmised from his posts that Bottlebee is a big Giants fan. He graciously took me to my first NFL game and has since treated me to a few fun Redskins games. So I was pullin' for my Cowboy-hatin' football fanatic buddy as much I was for the Gints. I'll admit it.

You've gotta feel bad for Favre and the Packer fans, but you also have to admit that the boys in white and red (where, oh where, were their blue ones?) earned that win. And since those Giants came within a hair's breadth of beating Pretty Boy Brady and the New England lookey-loos, I think we can expect an excellent Superbowl in two weeks time.

I will also go on the record as saying that any perfect season the Patriots try to claim should be followed by a big fat asterisk. (This from the pen of a woman who once espoused the general driving directions, "Given a choice between anything and New England, choose New England.")

------------------------------

On another topic, thanks for any good thoughts and prayers you've been tossing my way. Here's the lost and found item tally.

FOUND:
phone charger
phone

STILL LOST:
keys
extremely sentimental blue, white and silver earrings

NEWLY DISAPPEARED:
jump drive

The status of the previously mentioned intangibles is TBD.

No comments: